- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 23:45
- Written by Super User
WHY AND HOW ARE AUTO POLICIES PRICED
FOR DIFFERENT DRIVERS?
Steve Bowman, Property & Casualty Insurance Broker
Drivers are grouped according to level of risk which is the amount
of loss incurred by insurers within these categories.
• Sex : Men have more accidents than women.
• Age: Drivers under 25 are considered higher risk having an accident.
• Marital Status: Married drivers have fewer accidents than single.
• Personal Driving Record: Years of experience, accidents, speeding tickets and drunk-driving offenses determine the risk you pose.
• Use of vehicle: Business drivers or drivers who commute to work are of greater risk than drivers using vehicles for errands and recreation.
• Type of Vehicle: Value, weight, size, age and cost of replacement parts determines price.
Larger, heavier vehicles are at lower risk than smaller, lighter ones. Expensive cars cost more to repair than economy models. Cost is based on average cost covering actual losses, spread out in your “rating group”.
You may never need compensation, but others in your “group” may not be as fortunate. Your premium will help pay for these losses, just as their premium pays for yours.
STATE FARM PULLING OUT? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Call for an appointment today 910-458-1164.
From the office of: Steve Bowman, Property & Casualty Insurance Broker, 106 K Ave. Kure Beach, NC 28449 : Phone 910-458-1164 : 800-542-2502 : Fax 910-458-7311