- Published on Friday, 13 April 2012 23:33
- Written by Super User
1010 State Park Road, Carolina Beach NC (910)458-8206 www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/cabe/main.php
• Learning Center - In the Learning Center on Saturdays, the whole family can conduct experiments, explore artifacts, play fun games, and create exciting tools and toys to take home. Parental participation is required.
• April—Wonders of Light - Dates: Saturday, April 14, 21, 28 at 1-4 PM for Ages: All. Fee: Free for members or with Museum admission. Why is the sky blue? What makes a rainbow? Discover the colors of light and see what happens when you mix them. Conduct fun mirror experiments and learn how light travels. Explore the mysteries of light and color and even make an object disappear!
• Cape Fear Skies - 3-2-1-Blast off! Cape Fear Skies offers your family a realistic planetarium experience the third Sunday of each month. Venture into outer space as you hear mythical tales and explore stars, planets, and more. Parental participation is required.
• Spring Constellations - Date: Sunday, April 15 at 1:30, 2:30 & 3:30 PM for Ages: All. Fee: Free for members or with Museum admission. Venture into outer space as you hear mythical tales and explore stars, planets, and more. Identify patterns of stars found in the spring sky..
• Community Conversations - Listen to different viewpoints from panelists then engage in discussion about Civil War history. For tickets, call 910.798.4362.
• Reconstruction - Ages: Adult - Date: Tuesday, April 17 at 6:30 – 8:30 PM *Program begins at 6:45 PM. Fee: $5 for Museum members; $7 for non-members; student admission free (limited to 25 pre-registered). Call 910.798.4362 for tickets/to register.
Duke University’s Dr. Laura Edwards and Dr. Karin Zipf of East Carolina University discuss political and gender issues of Reconstruction. How did the end of the war impact the people of Southeastern North Carolina - returning soldiers, freed slaves, families; merchants, farmers, tradesmen, and professionals?
• School Field Trips - Bring your students to the Museum. School programs are inquiry-based, hands-on, curriculum-linked experiences. For Ages: Grades K – 12. Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 – Friday, May 25, 2012 at Time: 60 – 90 minutes in length. Fee: $3 per student for New Hanover County Schools; $6 per student for non-New Hanover County Schools. To schedule your group of 10 or more students, call 910.798.4362. Prehistoric Cape Fear – Grades K & 1; Forces & Motion – Grade 1; What’s in Your Back Yard? – Grades 1-3; Native Americans – Grade 2; Starlab – Grade 3; Math Madness – Grades 3-8; People of the Past – Grade 4; Electricity & Magnetism – Grade 4; Simple Machines – Grades 5 & 7; Exhibit Tours – Grades K-12;
Museum Outreach Programs - Let the Museum come to your school. Outreach programs feature hands-on artifacts and objects that enhance classroom learning. To schedule your group of 10 or more students, call 910.798.4362. Ages: Grades K – 5. Date: Year-round. Time: 60 minutes in length. Fee: $5 per student for New Hanover County Schools; $6 per student for non-New Hanover County Schools plus mileage. To schedule your group of 10 or more students, call 910.798.4362. Cape Fear Wild – Grades K-2; Star Stories – Grades K-2; Weather Wonders – Grade 2; Starlab – Grade 3; History Mysteries – Grades 3-5; Wild Weather – Grade 5.