- Published on Sunday, 13 May 2012 01:28
- Written by Super User
Information about Parks & Recreation classes can be found on the town’s website at www.townofkurebeach.org. Access the Parks & Recreation webpage under TOWN VENUES. Below, is basic information on classes:
• CHILDREN’S DANCE CLASSES (ages 7 to 14) – Wednesdays from 4-5pm for Classic Ballet and from 5-6pm for Jazz Dance at the Kure Beach Community Center. Cost is $40 per month. Call the instructor at 512-6607 for more information and to register.
• WATERCOLOR CLASSES BEGIN MARCH 14 - Ken Withrow, awarding winning artist and Kure Beach resident, is offering watercolor classes at the Kure Beach Community xCenter beginning Wednesday, March 14. Beginner class is held from 9:30-11:30 am and Intermediate class is held from 12:30-2:30 pm.
The 4-week sessions cost $30 per person. Register and pay at the first class. A list of supplies needed for these classes is available on this website under “Town Venues>Parks & Rec>Watercolor Class,” or you can obtain the list at Town Hall.
• OPERATIONS MEDICINE DROP “TAKE BACK” EVENT ON MARCH 24 - Prescription poisoning is on the rise in North Carolina. Operation Medicine Drop's "Take Back" event helps prevent accidental poisonings and drug abuse while protecting our waters. Please bring any prescription or over-the-counter medicines that you are no longer using or that have expired to the Kure Beach Police Department on Saturday, March 24 between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm. For questions visit http://www.ncsafekids.org or call Lt. Everhart at the KBPD, 910-458-7586.
• TENNIS LESSONS – Youth and Adult tennis lessons are held on Mondays & Tuesdays for 5-week sessions. Town Hall is no longer accepting pre-registrations. You must access www.pleasureislandtennis.info to see lesson start dates and times and to register online. Payment is due at the first lesson. For questions not answered on the website, call the instructor at 200-4101. Kure Beach Parks & Recreation Advisory Board meets at Kure Beach Town Hall on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm. Meetings are open to the public and all interested persons are encouraged to attend.
118 N. Third Street, Kure Beach, NC