- Published on Sunday, 29 July 2012 00:22
- Written by Super User
• June – August - Weekly Movies at the Lake Every Sunday (910-458-8434)
• June – August - Weekly Fireworks on the Beach Every Thursday (910-458-8434)
• June – August - Free Summer Concerts – Ft. Fisher Air Force Recreation Area (458-8434)
• June – August - Weekly Boardwalk Music Every Thursday (910-458-8434)
• September 21 & 23 - 5th Annual North Carolina Flatfish Championship (910-452-6378)
• October 13 & 14 - 19th Annual Seafood, Blues and Jazz Festival (910-458-8434)
• October 14-16 - 5th Annual Pleasure Island Surf Fishing Challenge (910-452-6378)
• October 20 - 4th Annual Salty Paws Festival (910-458-3266)
• October 27 - Annual CB Firefighters Association BBQ (910-458-8434)
• November 23 - Island of Lights Light Up Celebration at the Lake (910-458-5507)
• November 24th-25th - Island Shopping Spree 910-707-0316.
• Nov 25 thru Dec 17 - 4th Annual Christmas by the Sea (Carolina Beach Boardwalk) (910-470-8666)
• November 30 - Island of Lights Christmas Parade (910-458-5507)
• December 1 - Island of Lights Flotilla (910-458-5507)
• December 8 - Island of Lights Tour of Homes (910-458-5006)
• December 31 - Island of Lights New Year’s Eve Countdown held in Kure Beach
For Chamber information please visit our website at
www.pleasureislandnc.org or E-Mail us at
Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce Announces Exciting Line Up for the 2012 Free Movies at the Lake Series
Every Sunday night in the summer, the Carolina Beach Lake Park comes alive with activity as families from all areas bring their lawn chairs and blankets and spend an evening together under the stars watching some of the best hit movies around. This year will be no different. The Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce is on the cutting edge offering a line up which includes two 2012 Academy Award nominated films as well as three other 2012 nominated films.
This year’s line up includes: July 29 - PG - Big Miracle, August 5 - PG - The Adventures Of Tin Tin, August 12 - PG - Mars Needs Moms, August 19 - PG - Happy Feet Two, August 26 - 1962 - Blue Hawaii (Elvis), September 2 - PG - Journey 2 – The Mysterious Island; The Chamber of Commerce kicks off the season with the highly acclaimed spin-off from the successful Shrek series with Puss In Boots with Antonio Bandaras reprising his role as the feist feline. In addition, we have selected a number of award-wining family-friendly movies for the entire family’s delight. All movies are weather-dependent, so be sure to call ahead if the weather seems threatening to make sure the show will go on. These films are free and open to the public. Popcorn, candy, soft drinks, cotton candy and other popular concessions are available at reasonable prices. This is a true summer time treat for adults and kids alike.