- Published on Sunday, 26 August 2012 22:33
- Written by Super User
• Learning Center - In the Learning Center on Saturdays, the whole family can conduct experiments, explore artifacts, play fun games, and create exciting tools and toys to take home. Parental participation is required.
- August - Dynamic Dinosaurs - Saturday, August 25 from 1-4 PM for all ages. Fee: Free for members or with Museum admission. Dinosaurs big and small; come meet them all! Dig for fossils that you can take home and find out what a T. rex tooth looks like up close. Discover why Wilmington’s Giant Ground Sloth and the pterodactyl are not dinosaurs. Measure some well-known dinosaurs and make an Apatosaurus model to take home.
• Cape Fear Skies - 3-2-1-Blast off! Cape Fear Skies offers your family a realistic planetarium experience the third Sunday of each month. Venture into outer space as you hear mythical tales and explore stars, planets, and more. Parental participation is required.
• Museum Carts - Explore artifacts, conduct experiments, and play fun games at facilitated carts stationed throughout the Museum. Activities and locations vary – What exciting cart will you encounter on your visit? Date: Sunday, August 5 from 1-3 PM for all ages. Fee: Free for members or with Museum admission.
• Summer Camps – 2012 Offerings - Cape Fear Museum Summer Camps provide an avenue for children 5-14 to engage in fun, hands-on learning about the history and natural science of the Lower Cape Fear.
Camp Fees: $70 for Museum members / $90 for non-members; Museumology $90 for Museum members / $110 for non-members. Descriptions available at www.capefearmuseum.com.
Summer Shorts – 2012 Themes - Cape Fear Museum Summer Shorts are hands-on adventures for groups of 10 or more children and their adult chaperones. "Shorts" are a great option for day care centers, year-round schools, home-school groups, as well as camps that are looking to supplement their activities with an educational component. Programs are 60-minutes in length and appropriate for children ages 5–14. $6 per child. Call 910-798-4362 to register your group today! Themes include: Cape Fear Indians, Bugs, Star Quest, and Toys and Games.
Cape Fear Museum of History and Science is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. General admission is $7 for adults; $6 for students with valid ID and senior citizens; $6 special military rate with valid military ID; $4 for children 3-17; and free for children under 3. Museum members are admitted free. New Hanover County residents’ free day is the first Sunday of each month. The Museum is located at 814 Market Street in historic downtown Wilmington, N.C.