Cape Fear Museum News: Discover Camp at Cape Fear Museum Starting in July, but sign up As Soon As Possible
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 21:26
- Written by Super User
Curious for science? Fascinated by history? Summer Camp at Cape Fear Museum is for you!
Children ages 5-10 engage in hands-on exploration of the history and science of the Lower Cape Fear region in our four exciting camps.
We are pleased to offer a full-day camp this year—the new Cape Fear Explorers.
• YOUNG ENGINEERS - June 17-21 | 9 am - noon Ages 9-10 - If you can dream it, we’ll give you what you need to build it! Design, construct, test structures and explore nature’s architecture. Use technology and your imagination to figure out different types of design challenges. Complete the week with an engineering extravaganza. Registration closes June 3, 2013. $75 members; $95 non-members (includes camp t-shirt)
• SCIENCE MASTERS - June 24-28 | 9 am - noon Ages 7-8. Strap on your goggles and prepare to get messy. Explore all of science, Archaeology to Zoology—plus all that is in-between. Travel into outer space, experiment with light and shadows, tinker with the physics of toys, and create crazy concoctions! Registration closes June 10, 2013. $75 members; $95 non-members (includes camp t-shirt)
• DINOS AND MORE - July 8-12 | 9 am - noon Ages 5-6. Long tails, large jaws, claws, both big and small- learn of them all! Learn about the world of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that lived in the Lower Cape Fear. Hunt and dig for your very own fossils. Investigate the modern relatives of prehistoric creatures as you meet some real reptiles! Registration closes June 24, 2013. $75 members; $95 non-members (includes camp t-shirt)
• CAPE FEAR EXPLORERS - August 5-9 | 9 am – 4 pm* Ages 7-10. Get ready; we’re going on an adventure! Explore historic artifacts and participate in exciting science experiments at our “base laboratory” for part of the day. Then explore a different destination each day to learn of the history and science in Lower Cape Fear area. Registration closes July 22, 2013. $165 members; $185 non-members (includes camp t-shirt) *This is an all-day camp.
Registration is now open for Museum members. Public registration begins Monday, February 25. To register, download a printable form at www.capefearmuseum.com or call 910-798-4362. Cape Fear Museum of History and Science, a New Hanover County department, 814 Market St., is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday -Saturday, 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday; Labor Day through Memorial Day. General admission is $7 for adults; $6 for students and senior citizens; $6 special military rate with valid military ID; $4 for children 3-17; and free for children under 3 and for museum members. New Hanover County residents’ free day is the first Sunday of each month. More information: www.capefearmuseum.com.