- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 22:25
- Written by Super User
For more information on any of the Town of Kure Beach program offerings, please visit www.townofkurebeach.org or call Town Hall at (910)458-8216. In addition, Ocean Front Park and the Community Center are available for rent. More information is available on the website or by calling Town Hall.
OCEAN FRONT PARK:
105 Atlantic Avenue
• Monday – A Turtle Talk with the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project will take place under the pavilion at Ocean Front Park starting at 7 pm.
• Tuesday – Kure Beach Market continues at Ocean Front Park from 8 am – 1 pm. Help support farmers and artisans by shopping for locally grown produce and hand-crafted goods.
Thursday – Story Time by the Sea with the Princess and friends from 10-11:30 am.
• Saturday – Family Night from 7-9 pm. Music, fun and games for children of all ages. Entertainment provided by Lynne and the Wave.
• Sunday – Boogie in the Park from 4-7 pm with music by Band of Others. Don’t forget your beach chair or blanket!
Kure Beach Market
Stop by the Kure Beach Market on Tuesdays from 8 am – 1 pm. Show your support for our local farmers and artisans while enjoying the beautiful views from Ocean Front Park. We hope to see you there!
118 N. 3rd Avenue
• Tuesday and Thursday – Adult and Children Aikido class with Richard Price. Children’s classes run from 6-7 pm and adult classes from 7-9 pm. To register, call 919-818-3046.
• Thursday (6/20, 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/1, 8/22) – Line Dance class with Ron Griffin at 10 am. Cost to participate is $1 per person. No registration required.
JOE EAKES PARK:
Corner of K and 7th Avenue
• Saturday – Open Recreation from 9 am – 1 pm. Equipment available for use includes football, basketball, softball, kickball, tennis, disc golf, bocce ball, corn hole, and golf toss.
• Monday and Tuesday - Tennis lessons with Coach Billie. Classes are available for all skill levels and enthusiasts aged 5 – seniors. Call Coach Billie at 910 200-4101 for specifics.
Open Recreation at Joe Eakes Park, Saturdays starting June 22
The Kure Beach Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will be offering Open Recreation at Joe Eakes Park on Saturdays from 9am – 1pm starting June 22nd. Equipment available for use includes football, basketball, softball, kickball, tennis, disc golf, bocce ball, corn hole, and golf toss. Refine that jump shot, work on your back hand, or bring some friends for a friendly game of kickball. For more information, please contact Town Hall at 910-458-8216.
New Tennis Sessions to
begin July 22nd-23rd
A new 5-week session of Tennis Lessons will begin on Monday, July 22nd and Tuesday, July 23rd. Classes are available for all levels of skill and ability. For more information or to register, please contact Coach Billie at 910-200-4101 or billiefitz@earthlink. net. You can also visit the Pleasure Island Tennis website at www.pleasureislandtennis.info.