- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 22:32
- Written by Super User
For more information on any of the Town of Kure Beach program offerings, please visit www.townofkurebeach.org or call Town Hall at (910)458-8216. In addition, Ocean Front Park and the Community Center are available for rent. More information is available on the website or by calling Town Hall. www.townofkurebeach.org
118 N. 3rd Avenue
• Tuesday and Thursday – Adult and Children Aikido class with Richard Price. Children’s classes run from 6-7 pm and adult classes from 7-9 pm. To register, call 919-818-3046.
• Thursday (6/20, 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/1, 8/22) – Line Dance class with Ron Griffin at 10 am. Cost to participate is $1 per person. No registration required.
Vinyasa Yoga Flow Classes begin 9/4
Join Yoga Alliance Instructor Jennifer Fenton for a 6-week session of Vinyasa Yoga Flow classes on Wednesdays from 7-8 pm starting the 4th of September. The entire session is $48 per person and you can contact Jennifer at (910) 471-4868 or Yogarootsnc@ yahoo.com to reserve your spot. Vinyasa Yoga is a whole body workout so please be prepared with a water bottle, towel, and yoga mat.
AIKIDO WORLD ALLIANCE SEMINAR 9/13-9/15 WITH ANDREW SATO, SENSEI
Kure Beach Aikido would like to welcome all interested to join them at the Carolina Beach Recreation Center for an Aikido World Alliance Seminar hosted by Chief Instructor Andrew Sato, Sensei.
This Seminar will take place Friday, September 13th through Sunday, September 15th. Instruction and teaching methodology will be given, as well as standing and seated empty hand waza and weapon training with a jo and bokken. For more information or to register, please contact Kure Beach Aikido Instructor Richard Price, Sensei at (919) 818-3046.
NEW SESSION OF WATERCOLOR WEDNESDAYS BEGINS SEPTEMBER 18TH
Attention budding artists – the next 4-week session of watercolor painting classes will begin on Wednesday, the 18th of September. These classes are taught by Kure Beach’s own award-winning International artist Ken Withrow. All classes are held Wednesday mornings at the Kure Beach Community Center with Beginner classes running from 9:30 am – 11:30 am and Intermediate classes from 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm. The cost to participate is $30 per person. Registration forms can be found on our website, www.townofkurebeach.org, or at Town Hall. Bring your completed registration form along with your payment by Town Hall or to the first class. For more information and a list of supplies needed, please visit our website or call Town Hall at (910) 458-8216.
JOE EAKES PARK:
Corner of K and 7th Avenue
• Saturday – Open Recreation from 10 am – 1 pm. Equipment available for use includes football, basketball, softball, kickball, tennis, disc golf, bocce ball, corn hole, and golf toss.
• Monday and Tuesday - Tennis lessons with Coach Billie. Classes are available for all skill levels and enthusiasts aged 5 – seniors. Call Coach Billie at 910 200-4101 for specifics.
Saturday Morning Open Recreation at Joe Eakes Park
The Kure Beach Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will be offering Open Recreation at Joe Eakes Park on Saturdays from 10am – 1pm. Equipment available for use includes football, basketball, softball, kickball, tennis, disc golf, bocce ball, corn hole, and golf toss. Refine that jump shot, work on your back hand, or bring some friends for a friendly game of kickball.
For more information, please contact Town Hall at 910-458-8216.
LUV2ACT SUMMER CAMP PERFORMS THE LORAX
Luv2Act Summer Camp will be performing an interpretation of The Lorax on Friday, August 9th at Ocean Front Park. The Summer Camp program puts the play together in a week during daily sessions of singing, dancing, and acting fun. The performance will begin at 7:00PM. Bring your beach chair or blanket and enjoy the show!
Kure Beach Market
Stop by the Kure Beach Market on Tuesdays from 8 am – 1 pm. Show your support for our local farmers and artisans while enjoying the beautiful views from Ocean Front Park. We hope to see you there!
Annual Community Center
BBQ to be held August 17th
Mark your calendars for the annual Kure Beach Community Center BBQ Fundraiser on Saturday, August 17th. Serving begins at 4:00 pm and continues until 8:00 pm, or until the BBQ runs out. Be sure to come early; you don't want to miss BBQ from Middle of the Island, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw from Big Daddy's Restaurant, a roll, tea and a delicious dessert. Tickets are $8.00 at the door and are available for eat in or take out. This fundraiser helps support the Kure Beach Community Center for all of us to enjoy. Thank you in advance for your support! After your BBQ, head down to Ocean Front Park from 7-9 pm to enjoy the jazz pop band Stardust. For more information, please call Town Hall at (910) 458-8216.
Sunday Boogie in the Park Concert Series Continues
Don't forget to boogie on down to the Ocean Front Park this Sunday, August 4th from 4 to 7 pm for the Sunday afternoon concert series.
This Sunday's entertainment is the rock, pop, and funk band Millenia Funk’n. It is going to be a lot of fun, so grab your chair or blanket and join in. The Parks & Recreation Advisory Board has designed a great tee shirt to commemorate the Boogie in the Park concert series.
They will be on sale each Sunday for $15 each. Ya'll come, have some fun and get your shirt you can wear every Sunday.
OCEAN FRONT PARK:
105 Atlantic Avenue
• Monday – A Turtle Talk with the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project will take place under the pavilion at Ocean Front Park starting at 7 pm.
• Tuesday – Kure Beach Market continues at Ocean Front Park from 8 am – 1 pm. Help support farmers and artisans by shopping for locally grown produce and hand-crafted goods.
• Thursday – Story Time by the Sea with the Princess and friends from 10-11:30 am.
• Magic and Music from 7-9 pm. Join us for the Pirates Have Problems magic show presented by No Sleeves Magic followed by acoustic music from local guitarist Eric Keely. Bring your beach chair or blanket and enjoy the show!
• Saturday – DJ Night from 7-9 pm with Jolly Mon Da DJ.
• Sunday – Boogie in the Park from 4-7 pm with the rock, funk, and pop band Millenia Funk’n. Don’t forget your beach chair or blanket!