- Published on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 22:58
- Written by Super User
For more information on any of the Town of Kure Beach program offerings, please visit www.townofkurebeach.org or call Town Hall at (910)458-8216. In addition, Ocean Front Park and the Community Center are available for rent. More information is available on the website or by calling Town Hall.
WATERCOLOR WEDNESDAY RETURNS JULY 9TH
Watercolor Wednesday returns - this 4-week watercolor class runs from July 9th through July 30th and is open to all levels of aspiring painters. Classes are taught by Kure Beach's own award-winning, international artist Ken Withrow. Class is held at the Community Center from 12:30-2:30pm. The cost to participate is $30 per person per 4-week session. Registration forms and supply lists can be found online or at Town Hall. Bring your completed registration form, supplies, and payment to the first class. For more information, contact Ken Withrow at (910) 458-7435.
Saturday Rec. at Joe Eakes Park
Beginning on June 7th, we will have the open recreation activities from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at Joe Eakes Park, located on the corner of K and 7th Avenues. Bocce ball, basket ball, tennis, and disc golf equipment will be available for check out. You need to sign out the equipment you want to use and return it when you are done. We will be using the wooden structure next to the tennis courts for check out. If you have any questions contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
New Additions to the
Summer Class Schedule
Sponsors Needed Disc Golf Course
We are looking for 3 new business, homeowners, or avid disc golfers to sponsor one of our disc golf holes. The initial cost is $300, and then a $50 annual renewal fee.
For more information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
Kure Beach Tennis Lessons
Tennis lessons are happening on Tuesday afternoons at Joe Eakes Park. The 13 and under class meets from 4:00-5:00 pm and the adult class takes place from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. The cost is $40 per four-week session, but can be pro-rated if the session has already started. The next round of classes begins on June 24. For information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
We have a singles ladies tennis ladder that is awaiting your participation. We currently have over 15 members and can always use more. The cost is just $5, with checks made payable to Town of Kure Beach. For more information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
Kure Beach has Commemorative Opportunities on the Boardwalk
Kure Beach has commemorative opportunities on the boardwalk in the shape of a Bluefish. Each fish allows up to three lines of print.
For $220, you can make a memory on the boardwalk for loved ones, celebrate an event or advertise your business.
To get your Bluefish call Town Hall at 910-458-8216 or print your order form from the Town’s website at www.townofkurebeach.org
Community Center: 118 N 3rd Ave
• Tuesday/Thursday – Kure Beach Aikido: Children’s class is 6-7 pm, Adult’s class is 7-9 pm. To register call (919) 818-3046
• Thursday (6/12, 6/26, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7, 8/21) – Line Dancing with Ron Griffin: 10-11 am. Cost is $1, no preregistration required.
Ocean Front Park:
105 Atlantic Ave
• Friday – Friday Variety: Magic & Music, 6:30-10 pm. It’s Magic! show followed by the classic rock of Quilted Sky
• Saturday – Art in the Park: Watercolor Workshop, 9 am-4 pm. Cost is $30 to participate. Call Town Hall for more info (910) 458-8216.
• Sunday – Boogie in the Park: Uncle Hairy, 5-8 pm. Free concert in the park with mainstream Rock & Soul of Uncle Hairy.
• Monday – Turtle Talks, 7pm. Learn about local nesting sea turtles with the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project.
• Tuesday – Kure Beach Market, 8 am-1 pm. Shop for locally grown produce and hand-crafted goods.
• Wednesday – Story Time by the Sea, 10-11:30 am. Join the Princess and her fairytale friends for stories and games.