- Published on Tuesday, 08 July 2014 23:14
- Written by Super User
For more information on any of the Town of Kure Beach program offerings, please visit www.townofkurebeach.org or call Town Hall at (910)458-8216. In addition, Ocean Front Park and the Community Center are available for rent. More information is available on the website or by calling Town Hall.
Santa Claus is Coming to Town… on Vacation!
Santa and Mrs. Claus are headed to Kure Beach for a little R&R. Keep a lookout around Town during the week and you may spot them. Because people of their importance are never truly off duty, they will be making an official appearance at Ocean Front Park on Wednesday and Thursday, July 9th and 10th at 6 pm. Stop by to say hello, check your status on the n33hty/nice list, and snag a selfie with the Claus.
Open Rec. at Joe Eakes Park
Sponsors Needed Disc Golf Course
We are looking for 3 new business, homeowners, or avid disc golfers to sponsor one of our disc golf holes. The initial cost is $300, and then a $50 annual renewal fee.
For more information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
Kure Beach Tennis Lessons
Tennis lessons are happening on Tuesday afternoons at Joe Eakes Park. The 13 and under class meets from 4:00-5:00 pm and the adult class takes place from 5:00 to 6:00 pm. The cost is $40 per four-week session, but can be pro-rated if the session has already started. The next round of classes begins on June 24. For information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
We have a singles ladies tennis ladder that is awaiting your participation. We currently have over 15 members and can always use more. The cost is just $5, with checks made payable to Town of Kure Beach. For more information contact Bob at (910) 458-8216.
Kure Beach has Commemorative Opportunities on the Boardwalk
Kure Beach has commemorative opportunities on the boardwalk in the shape of a Bluefish. Each fish allows up to three lines of print.
For $220, you can make a memory on the boardwalk for loved ones, celebrate an event or advertise your business.
To get your Bluefish call Town Hall at 910-458-8216 or print your order form from the Town’s website at www.townofkurebeach.org
Community Center: 118 N 3rd Ave
• Tuesday/Thursday – Kure Beach Aikido: Children’s class is 6-7 pm, Adult’s class is 7-9 pm. To register call (919) 818-3046
• Wednesday (7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30) – Watercolor Painting Class: All levels 12:30-2:30 pm. $30 per 4-week session. Register and pay at class. Call Town Hall to obtain supply list, 458-8216.
• Thursday (6/12, 6/26, 7/10, 7/24, 8/7, 8/21) – Line Dancing with Ron Griffin: 10-11 am. Cost is $1, no preregistration required.
Ocean Front Park:
105 Atlantic Ave
• Friday – Friday Variety: Magic & Music, 6:30-10 pm. It’s Magic! show followed by the classic rock of Quilted Sky
• Saturday – Art in the Park: Watercolor Workshop, 9 am-4 pm. Cost is $30 to participate. Call Town Hall for more info (910) 458-8216.
• Sunday – Boogie in the Park: Uncle Hairy, 5-8 pm. Free concert in the park with mainstream Rock & Soul of Uncle Hairy.
• Monday – Turtle Talks, 7pm. Learn about local nesting sea turtles with the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project.
• Tuesday – Kure Beach Market, 8 am-1 pm. Shop for locally grown produce and hand-crafted goods.
• Wednesday – Story Time by the Sea, 10-11:30 am. Join the Princess and her fairytale friends for stories and games.