- Published on Tuesday, 08 July 2014 23:18
- Written by Super User
• Monday July 21, 2014 – Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Wilmington entrepreneur, Sam Leake, will talk about the life and times of the South’s most famous General, Robert E. Lee. Sam Leake will be talking about the non-war life of Robert E. Lee. The General’s war years are heavily documented and explored, but what happened to Lee after the Civil War ended? What events shaped the person that became the General of the Confederate Army?
• Monday August 18, 2014 Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Mike Giles, from the North Carolina Coastal Federation will talk to us about the natural history of our most prescious resource.
• Monday September 15, 2014: Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Norm Melton, will talk about his personal experiences while “Growing Up on the Carolina Beach Boardwalk.”
• Monday October 20, 2014: MembershipMeeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. Local historian and author, Elaine Henson, will present an illustrated talk on the history of the “Cape Fear Beaches.”
Monday November 17, 2014: Membership Meeting. 7:30-9:00 pm. LeRae Umfleet, of the North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources will return to us with her program on “Women in World War One.”
Monday December 15, 2014: Holiday Potluck 6:30-9:00 pm.
All programs are FREE and open to the public. They are held at the Federal Point History Center, 1121-A North Lake Park Blvd. (Just south of the Carolina Beach Town Hall.) Visit the History Center, open Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 10-4. For more information call: 910-458-0502.