Stroke and Osteoporosis Screenings Coming to Carolina Beach, North Carolina, Sponsored By: Coastal Surgery Specialists
- Published on Tuesday, 13 August 2013 00:54
- Written by Super User
Carolina Beach, North Carolina – Residents living in and around the Carolina Beach, North Carolina community can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. Carolina Beach Parks & Recreation Department will host Life Line Screening on 9/4/2013. The site is located at 1121b North Lake Park Blvd in Carolina Beach. Servio Manderochio of Holly Springs, NC attended a Life Line Screening and said, "I can't begin to thank you enough. The screening you performed save my life". This event is being Sponsored By: Coastal Surgery Specialists
Four key points every person needs to know:
• Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading cause of permanent disability
• 80% of stroke victims had no apparent warning signs prior to their stroke
• Preventive ultrasound screenings can help you avoid a stroke
• Screenings are fast, noninvasive, painless, affordable and convenient Screenings identify potential cardiovascular conditions such as blocked arteries and irregular heart rhythm, abdominal aortic aneurysms, and hardening of the arteries in the legs, which is a strong predictor of heart disease. A bone density screening to assess osteoporosis risk is also offered and is appropriate for both men and women. Packages start at $159. All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit our website at www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.
You may also visit the online press room located on our web site: www.lifelinescreening.com Screenings in Kansas are performed by Life Line Screening of America, LLS on behalf of Life Line Screening Physicians, P.A. In Texas: Physician authorization is required. A Life Line Screening affiliated physician will provide authorization for you if you qualify. Screenings in California are provided by Life Line Mobile Screening.