- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 22:26
- Written by Super User
NEW HANOVER CTY - The construction activity for new single family residential homes remains steady with the largest one month total of 76 units to date for this fiscal year. More than 2,260 permits were issued, an 8 percent increase over the number of permits issued last month. According to the latest construction activity report issued by the New Hanover County Development Services Center, the largest project permitted in May was an $8.5 million, 3-story, 54,309 square foot office building located at 1844 Sir Tyler Drive in Wilmington.
Other significant highlights include: Residential New Construction
• A total of 76 new single family residential permits were issued in May, a 45 percent increase from same period in 2012 and the largest one month total for the current fiscal year.
• For this fiscal year-to-date permits have been issued for 705 new single family homes compared to 483 units during the same period in 2012 - a 32 percent increase.
Total Construction Comparison (May 2013 to May 2012)
• The overall number of inspections increased by 9 percent.
• Construction permits issued increased by 4 percent.
• Construction dollars spent increased by 122 percent.
Total Construction Fiscal Year Comparison (2012-13 to 2011-12)
• Total construction dollars spent increased by 11 percent.
• Total number of permits issued increased by 3 percent.
• Total inspections for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Zoning increased by 9 percent.
• Total construction dollars spent for new residential construction totaling $211.8 million is currently 49 percent of the total dollars spent.
Projects in "Plan Review":
After issuing building permits in May 2013, totaling more than $51 million, there are 229 projects that remain in the plan review process exceeding $124 million.
The complete construction activity report is available at online at www.nhcgov.com
Source: New Hanover County.