- Published on Tuesday, 05 November 2013 19:13
- Written by Super User
NEW HANOVER CTY - Many opportunities exist for volunteer citizens who have a desire to become more involved with issues that affect the future of New Hanover County.
The New Hanover County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested citizens to apply for appointment to the following:
• Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority
• New Hanover County Board of Health (veterinarian, optometrist, general public, and physician)
• New Hanover County Tourism Development Authority (Kure Beach hotel owner/manager, Wrightsville Beach hotel owner/manager, tourist attraction representative, and Chamber of Commerce representative)
• New Hanover County Zoning Board of Adjustment
Applications can be obtained at the Board of Commissioners Office, New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 175; or by calling (910) 798-7149 or on the County's website at www.nhcgov.com/Commissioners. Applications must be received by November 21 for the Board to consider at their December 9 meeting. Applicants must be a resident of New Hanover County.