- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 17:53
- Written by Super User
6-8 Age Division - Island Gazette 32 Pleasure Island Exercise Club 19, Costco 10 C.B.P.D. 14, Gulfstream 12; 9-11 Age Division - Sub Surface Support 18 Kure Beach Pier 36, Michael’s Seafood 25 Wilkinson & Assoicates ERA Realty 6, Island Tackle & Hardware 14 Superior Medical 23; 12-14 Age Division - Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar 37 Mid-Atlantic Drilling 21, Hamm Hearing Aid Center 42 Harbor Master’s 18; 15-17 Age Division - Atlantic Coast Carpet 41 Blackburn Brothers 22, Allied Pest Control 41 C.B.P.D. 39;
•12-14 Age Division
• 6:30PM –Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar vs. Mid-Atlantic Drilling – Nikki’s played this game with some extremely tough defense holding Mid-Atlantic Drilling to just 4-point in the 1st quarter and 0 in the 2nd. Meanwhile their offense rattled off 10-points in each quarter for a 20-4 halftime lead. After halftime Mid-Atlantic was able to start scoring, but their defense couldn’t stop Nikki’s from outscoring them 11-7 in the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter Mid-Atlantic was able to outscre Nikki’s but it was only by 10-6 giving Nikki’s their 2nd straight win of the season 37-21. HIGHLIGHTS: Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar: #5 Nick Winslow 16, #14 Eason Saffo 7, #3 Kevin Mintz, JR 4, #10 Cameron Seyer 3, #11 Carson Conklin, #5 Luke Winslow, and #4 Jeffery Murphy 2-points, and #1 Aiden Smith Martin 1-point. Mid-Altantic Drilling: #12 Vincent Farmintino 11, #13 Brice Eller 6, #4 Jacob Hardison 2, and #2 Jantzen Hartsell and #11 Cade Smith Martin each had a free throw.
- 4:00PM – Hamm Hearing Aid Center vs. Harbor Master’s – Hamm jumped out to a huge 15-6 lead after the 1st quarter and didn’t look back or let up from there. Both teams slowed down their scoring in the 2nd quarter with Hamm outscoring Harbor Master’s 5-2 giving them a 20-8 halftime lead. After halftime Hamm’s defense held Harbor Master’s scoreless in the 3rd quarter, while their offense picked up 10 giving them the lead 30-8. In the final quarter Harbor Master’s went to fouling and shooting 3-pointer’s. But Hamm was connecting on their free throws with 10 making it hard for any ground to be made up. Hamm won by a final score of 42-18. HIGHLIGHTS: Hamm Hearing Aid Center: #5 Joshua Smiley 15, #3 Noah Best 10, #14 Hawthorne Hamm 8, #11 Kyle Carpenter 6, #4 Graysen Tugwell 2, and #1 Elijah Akins 1. Harbor Master’s: #13 Bradley Plyler 6, #14 Jacob Merten 3, and #3 Matthew Heglar 2.
•15-17 Age Division
- 7:30PM – Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning vs. Blackburn Brothers Seafood – Both teams were playing tough defense in this game in the 1st quarter both teams made only 5 baskets with Atlantic Coast coming out on top 8-4. However in the 2nd quarter both teams picked up their scoring with Atlantic picking up 16 (11 from David Hicks) to take a 10-point halftime lead 24-14. After halftime Atlantic was able to continue to pull away in the 3rd quarter after outscoring Blackburn 10-5. In the final quarter Blackburn went to fouling and shooting to try and make up some ground, but Atlantic scored all 7 of their points from the free throw line to take the win 41-22. HIGHLIGHTS: Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning: #2 David Hicks 18, #10 Jeremy Brekke 7, #5 Drew Brinson 6, #14 Randy Richard 4, #12 Ryan Brinson and #11 Quinton Deatrick 2-points each and #13 Joel Ywaskevic and #4 Ryan Hardison each had a point. Blackburn Brothers Seafood: #2 Donovan Francis 7, #3 Justin Blackburn 5, #1 Logan Loftin 3, #14 Julian Blackburn, #13 Brandon Rood, and #12 Matt Rood each had 2-points, and #4 Dane Schretter had a point.
• 8:30PM – Allied Pest Control vs. C.B.P.D. – Allied’s defense held C.B.P.D. to just 4-points after the 1st quarter of this game, while their offense picked up a 9-point lead. However in the 2nd quarter C.B.P.D. was able to fight their way back to within 6-points 20-14 by halftime after outscoring Allied 10-7. After halftime the deficit remained the same for the C.B.P.D. after both teams picked up 9-points. In the final quarter thanks to 2 costly technical fouls and some big free throws by the C.B.P.D. was able to get to within a-point of Allied. However Allied was able to hit some critical free throws themselves to take the win 41-39 and stay unbeaten at 2-0. HIGHLIGHTS: C.B.P.D.: #13 Connor Garnette 14, , #5 Drake Overton 11, #4 William Nixon and #1 Ryan Payne 5, and #10 Peter Courne 4. Allied Pest Control: #2 Erik Jedrey 13-points, #4 Daniel Farriss 10, #3 Dylan Owen 8, #12 Bronson Hope 5, #5 Jordan Powell 3, and #14 Joshua Johnson 2.
• 6-8 Age Division
- 9:00AM – Island Gazette vs. P.I. Exercise Club – P.I. Exercise Club got off to a good start in this game after taking a 8-4 lead after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter the Island Gazette was able to take the lead, but P.I. Exercise Club got back to their 4-point lead by halftime 14-10. After halftime The Island Gazette had a complete turn around outscoring P.I. Exercise Club 12-2 in the 3rd quarter giving them a 22-16 lead. The 4th quarter the Island Gazette was able to continue to play tough defense holding PI Exercise Club to 3-points, while their offense posted 10 more giving them a 32-19 win. HIGHLIGHTS: Island Gazette: #11 T.J. Parker with a League high 16, #4 Matthew Silver 10, #14 Ashton Little 4, and #10 Keaton Green 2. P.I. Exercise Club: #12 Carter Grace 8, #5 Cameron Kidder and #14 Khalil Kelly each had 4-points, and #13 Ryan McCann had 2.
• 10:00AM – Costco vs. C.B.P.D. – This was a back and forth game with both teams tied up at 4-4 after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter Costco was able to take the lead before halftime after a 4-2 2nd quarter bringing the score to 8-6. After halftime the C.B.P.D. stepped up their offense holding Costco to just a point in each quarter. Meanwhile their offense took a 1-point lead after picking up 4-points in the 3rd quarter 10-9. In the final quarter C.B.P.D. got 2 big baskets from Quinten Dye and Chad Fleshman helping them seal the win 14-10. HIGHLIGHTS: C.B.P.D. #10 Quinten Dye 8, #2 Chad Fleshman 4, and #5 Jayce Atanasoff had 2-points. Costco #3 Christian Merten had 6-points and #12 Jackson Kupec had 4-points.
• 11:00PM – HP Homes vs. Gulfstream – After starting the game off with a 10-0 run for the 1st 6:00 quarter HP Homes was able to continue to pull away going up 16-4 by halftime after a 6-4 2nd quarter. After halftime HP Homes had their largest lead of the game 22-6 after a 6-2 3rd quarter. In the final quarter Gulfstream’s offense got something going picking up 6-points, but they could not over come the deficit from the 1st 3 quarter’s giving H.P. Homes the win 26-12. HIGHLIGHTS: HP Homes: #12 Kenan Everhart 10, #11 Jared Becjen and #10 Leo Baggie each had 6-points, and #5 Owen Morini and #13 Kinsey Smith each had 2-points. Gulfstream: #4 Neil Sims 8 and #3 Nicholas Lamendola and #14 Kaylee Smith each had 2-points.
• 9-11 Age Division
• 1:00PM – Sub Surface Support vs. Kure Beach Pier – Kure Beach Pier got off to a good start in this game taking a 7-4 lead after the 1st quarter. Kure Beach Pier was able to continue to pull away by halftime after outscoring Sub Surface Support 10-7. After halftime Kure Beach Pier really stepped up the defense allowing Sub Surface Support just 3-points in the 3rd quarter and 4 in the 4th. Meanwhile their offense picked up 6-points in the 3rd quarter and 13 in the 4th to take the win 36-18. HIGHLIGHTS: Kure Beach Pier: #3 Aidan Lafferty 15, #10 Ethan Graves 11, #2 Robbie Helmus and #5 Harry Smith Martin 4-points each, and #12 Dimitrius Weakley had 2. Sub Surface Support: #14 Daniel Stokes 11, #1 Coleman Lamendola 4, #5 Heath Higgins 2, and #3 Jake Stewart 1.
• 2:00PM – Michael’s Seafood vs. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty – Michael’s was playing some tough defense in this game holding Wilkinson to just 2-point in the 2nd quarter and 4 in the 3rd quarter. Meanwhile in the 1st half Michael’s offense had some scoring trouble as they only picked up 2 –points in the 1st quarter and 3 in the 2nd bringing the score to 5-2 at halftime. However after halftime Michael’s offense exploded with 13-points giving them a 18-6 lead. In the final quarter Michael’s added 7 more points onto their lead to take the win 25-6. HIGHLIGHTS: Michael’s Seafood: #5 Joseph Barker 8, #1 Fisher Waggett 5, #12 Austin Johnson 4, #15 Alyssa Fizer and #13 Dylan McGowan 3-points each, and #2 Jas Herring 2-points. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty: #5 madison Chalmers, #4 Jadon Morini, and #11 Owen Davies each had 2.
- 3:00PM – Island Tackle vs. Superior Medical – Both teams were playing tough defense to start this game off with Superior taking a 3-2 lead after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter Superior was able to outscore Island Tackle 8-4 to extend their lead to 11-6 by halftime. After halftime Island Tackle’s defense held Superior to 2-points, while their offense cut the lead to 3-points 13-10. IN the final quarter Superior’s offense was able to pick up 10-points, while their defense held Island Tackle to 4-points giving them the 23-14 win. HIGHLIGHTS: Superior Medical: #12 Jake Ettefagh 8, #2 Nathen Hardison 5, #14 nick Reeves, #1 Nicolas Ruscetti, #13 William Locklear, #4 Ben Testori, and #5 Jacob Baugher 2 each. Island Tackle & Hardware: #10 Peyton Blankenbecker and #12 Mason Massey 4 each and #5 Ben Stout, #11 Thomas Blankenbecker, & #4 Dominic Farmintino each had 2.
SPORTS Editor’s Note: This season the Island Gazette will not be printing individual scores for teams that run the score up to an excessive amount which include: 6-8 Age Division 15-points, 9-11 Age Division 20-points, and 30-points in the 12-14 Age Division and 15-17 Age Division. Will make exceptions if I notice the scoring wasspread out.
Pleasure Island Rec. Center’s Youth Basketball
6:30PM - Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar vs. Hamm Hearing Aid
7:30PM - Blackburn Brothers vs. C.B.P.D.
8:30 - Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning vs. Allied Pest Control
9:00AM - P.I. Exercise vs. HP Homes
10:00AM - Gulfstream vs. C.B.P.D.
11:00AM - Costco vs. Island Gazette
1:00PM - Superior Medical vs. Wilkinson & Associates
2:00PM - Michael’s Seafood vs. Kure Beach Pier
3:00PM - Island Tackle vs. Sub Surface Support
4:00PM - Mid-Atlantic vs. Harbor Master’s