- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 19:49
- Written by Super User
6-8 Age Division: Costco 17 CBPD 26, P.I. Exercise Club 16 Island Gazette 33, Gulfstream 12 HP Homes 23;
9-11 Age Division: Michael’s Seafood 32 Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty 10, Island Tackle & Hardware 20 Superior Medical 22, Kure Beach Pier 33 Sub Surface Support 26; 12-14 Age Division: Harbor Master’s 31 Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar 37, Mid-Atlantic Drilling 35 Hamm’s Hearing Aid Center 54; 15-17 Age Division: Blackburn Brothers 46 Allied Pest Control 26, CBPD 38 Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning 48;
12-14 Age Division
• 6:30 – Harbor Masters vs. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar – Nikki’s got off to a great start in this game going on a 8-2 run throughout the 1st quarter. Nikki’s defense let up a little in the 2nd quarter, but their offense was still able to add to more points to their lead by halftime 18-10. The 2nd half was much closer with Harbor Master’s able to cut a point off Nikki’s lead by the end of the 3rd quarter 28-21. In the final quarter Nikki’s was able to hold off a late run by Harbor Master’s, but had to do it from the free throw line scoring all but 2-points from the line in the quarter. Nikki’s won this game by a final score of 37-31. HIGHLIGHTS: Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar: #14 Eason Saffo 13, #5 Luke Winslow 10, #3 Kevin Mintz, Jr. 8, #11 Carson Conklin and #12 Jarod Tanner 2 each and #13 Nick Winslow and #2 Caitlyn Barker each had 1. Harbor Masters: #10 Jacob Graves and #13 Bradley Plyler 8 each, #11 Jacob Reeves 6, #4 Brandon Plyler 3, and #14 Jacob Merten, #12 Ryan Bailey and #5 Lucas Golonka 2 each.
15-17 Age Division
• 7:30 – Blackburn Brothers vs. Allied Pest Control – Blackburn were hard to stop in the 1st quarter in their game as they went on a 10-2 run for the 1st 6 minutes of the game. Blackburn continued to pull away in the 2nd quarter taking a 21-8 lead by halftime after outscoring Allied again 11-6. Blackburn didn’t let up in the 2nd half outscoring Allied 12-11 in the 3rd quarter and 13-7 in the 4th quarter giving them the win 46-26. HIGHLIGHTS: Blackburn Brothers: #5 Cory Montgomery 13, #2 Donovan Francis 12, #14 Julian Blackburn 9, #12 Matt Rood and #4 Dane Schretter 4 each, and #1 Logan Loftin and #10 Wes Parker 2 each. Allied Pest Control: #4 Daniel Farriss 10, #1 Scott Best 6, #2 Erik Jedrey and #11 Michael Hayes 4 each, and #13 Nicholas Golonka 2.
• 8:30 – CBPD vs. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning – This game got off to a close start with Atlantic taking the early lead 14-12 after the 1st quarter. Atlantic started to extend their lead in the 2nd quarter taking a 6-point lead by halftime 25-19. After halftime their defense allowed just 4 points in the 3rd quarter while their offense picked up 12 giving them a 14-point lead 37-23. In the final quarter CBPD was able to make a comeback with their offense picking up 15-points, but their defense couldn’t stop Atlantic’s offense. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning won by a final score of 48-38. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: #13 Connor Garnette 17, #2 Ra’Shawn Anglin and #1 Ryan Payne 6 each, #11 Buzz Anthony 5, and #10 Peter Bourne and #4 William Noxon 2 each. Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning: #10 Joel Ywaskevic and #3 Sean Anderson 10 each, #5 Drew Brinson 9, #2 David Hicks 8, #1 Michael Gotto 6, #4 Ryan Hardison 4, and #10 Jeremy Brekke 1.
6-8 Age Division
• 9:00 – Costco vs. CBPD – This was a close game with Costco able to take a 1-point lead after the 1st quarter 5-4. However in the 2nd quarter CBPD’s offense picked up 8, while thier defense held Costco to just 4-points giving CBPD the lead at halftime 12-9. After halftime CBPD’s defense stepped it up holding Costco scoreless in the 3rd quarter while their offense added 8 more points to their lead now at 20-9. In the final quarter Costco was able to cut the lead down to 3-points before CBPD began to pull back away winning by a final score of 26-17. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: #10 Quinton Dye 12, #5 Jayce Atanasoff and #2 Chad Fleshman 6 each, and #12 Kendall Maracucilli 2. Costco: #12 Jackson Kupec 12 and #11 Sam McNamara 5.
• 10:00 – Pleasure Island Exercise Club vs. The Island Gazette – The Island Gazette was able to take a 3-point lead after the 1st quarter. However in the 2nd quarter fueled by 10-points by Matthew Silver the Island Gazette scored 14 unanswered points in the 2nd quarter to take a 17-point lead at halftime. After halftime the Island Gazette’s offense continued to hit some tough shots, going up 27-7 by the end of the 3rd quarter. In the 4th quarter Pleasure Island Exercise Club’s offense picked up 9-points, while their defense held the Island Gazette to 6-points. The Island Gazette improved their record to 4-3 keeping them in 3rd Place after their 33-16 win. HIGHLIGHTS: Island Gazette: #4 Matthew Silver 18, TJ Parker 10, #14 Ashton Little 4, and #10 Keaton Green 1. Pleasure Island Exercise Club: #12 Carter Grace 10, #13 Ryan Mcann 4, and #5 Cameron Kidder 2.
• 11:00 – Gulfstream vs.HP Homes – HP Homes’ defense held Gulfstream scoreless in the 1st quarter, but their offense could only pick up 3-points themselves. The game remained close in the 2nd quarter as Gulfstream closed to within 2-points of HP Homes by halftime 8-6. After halftime HP Homes was able to start to pull away after their offense picked up 10-points and their defense held Gulfstream to 4-points. HP Homes was able to continued ton play tough defense in the final quarter holding Gulfstream to just 2-points giving them the win 23-12. HIGHLIGHTS: HP Homes: #12 Kenan Everhart 11, #11 Jared Becken 6, #10 Leo Baggie 5, & #14 Cassidy Irwin 1. Gulfstream: Neil Sims 12.
9-11 Age Division
• 1:00 – Michael’s Seafood vs. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty – Michael’s Seafood played tough defense in this game and didn’t let up, by the end of the 1st quarter they had a 7-2 lead. Michael’s used another 7-2 run in the 2ndquarter to take a 14-4 lead at halftime. After halftime Michael’s outscored Wilkinson 9-0 in the 3rd quarter and 9-6 in the final quarter to take the win 32-10. HIGHLIGHTS: Michael’s Seafood: #3 Trey Johnson 9, #5 Joseph Barker 6, #12 Austin Johnson 4, #13 Dylan McGowan 3, and #2 Jas Herring, #15 Alyssa Fizer, #4 Dwight Best, #1 Fisher Waggett, and #14 Sam Martin 2 each. Wilkinson & Associates ERA Realty 7, #2 Nick Pfohl 2, and #1 Jett Tugwell 1 each.
• 2:00 – Island Tackle & Hardware vs. Superior Medical – This was a close game from the opening tip-off to the final buzzer with both teams tied up at 6-6 after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter both teams continued to play tough defense with Superior taking a 2-point lead by halftime 12-10. After Halftime Island Tackle was able to outscore Superior 6-4 and tie up the game at 16-16 by the end of the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter both teams continued to remain close with Superior Medical’s Jake Ettefagh hitting a pair of free throws to give his team the win 22-20. HIGHLIGHTS: Superior Medical: #1 Nicolas Ruscetti and #12 Jake Ettefagh 6 each, #2 Nathan Hardison and #13 William Locklear 4 each, and #4 Ben Testori 2. Island Tackle & Hardware: #14 Taj Monroe, #5 Ben Stout, #10 Peyton Blankenbecker, and #4 Dominic Farmintino 4 each and #3 Seanan Darakjy and #11 Thomas Blankenbecker 2 each.
• 3:00 – Kure Beach Pier vs. Sub Surface Support – This was another close game with both teams tied up at 8-8 after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter both teams again picked up 8-points keeping the teams tied up at halftime 16-16. In the 3rd quarter Kure Beach Pier was able to finally start to pull away taking a 4-point lead 24-20 after outscoring Sub Surface Support 8-4. In the final quarter the same close play continued with Kure Beach Pier outscoring Sub Surface Support 9-6 to take the win 33-26. HIGHLIGHTS: Kure Beach Pier: #10 Ethan Graves 9, #3 Aidan Lafferty 8, #4 John Jernigan 6, #2 Robbie Helmus and #5 Harry Smith Martin 4 each, and #12 Dimitris Weakley 2. Sub Surface Support: #14 Daniel Stokes and #5 Heath Higgins 6 each, #2 Kyler Schoonmaker and #11 Hayden Higgins 4 each, and #1 Coleman Lamedola, #3 Jake Stewart, and #4 Tristen Odham 2 each.
12-14 Age Division
• 4:00 – Mid-Atlantic Drilling vs. Hamm Hearing Air Center – Hamm’s offense was on fire in this game after taking a 11-5 lead after the 1st quarter they picked up 18 in the 2nd quarter to take a 12-point halftime lead 29-17. Hamm continued to pull away in the 2nd half outscoring 13-9 in the 3rd quarter and 12-9 in the 4th quarter to take the win 54-35. HIGHLIGHTS: Hamm’s Hearing Aid Center: #3 Nash Best 17, #5 Joshua Smiley 14, #1 Elijah Akins and #12 Larry Davis 6 each, #14 Hawthorne 5, and #13 Skii Bollinger, #2 Jacob Johnson, and #10 Jacob Thompson 2 each. Mid-Atlantic Drilling: #10 Rocco Farmintino 15, #4 Jacob Hardison 7, #2 Jantzen Hartsell 6, #12 Vincent Farmintino 5, and #13 Brice Eller 2.
Pleasure Island Rec. Center’s Youth Basketball Schedule
6:30PM - Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi Bar vs. Mid-Atlantic Drilling
7:30PM - Atlantic Coast Carpet Cleaning vs. Blackburn Brothers
8:30 - Allied Pest Control vs. C.B.P.D.
9:00AM - P.I. Exercise vs. HP Homes
10:00AM - Gulfstream vs. C.B.P.D.
11:00AM - Costco vs. Island Gazette
1:00PM - Michael’s Seafood vs. Kure Beach Pier
2:00PM -Superior Medical vs. Wilkinson & Associates
3:00PM - vs. Sub Surface Support vs. Island Tackle
4:00PM - Hamm Hearing Aid vs. Harbor Master’s