- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 23:47
- Written by Super User
Running Club going on Now until August 10th
This Club is designed to keep kids and their parents in-shape throughout the summer months and get them involved in the sport of running. The Club will start meeting every Monday, but may ad another day; we will also be running in various road races in Wilmington. The 1st Practice was om Monday, June 24th at 6:00PM; meet at the Ashley High School Track. Most practices will take an hour for grades K-8 and about 1-2 hours for grades 9-12. The 1st Race we will do together will be the Tri-Span 5K & 10K held in downtown Wilmington Saturday, July 13th. Race time is at 7:00AM, so get there early to register or register online. There will be a 10K, 5K, and 2K, so everyone can get involved in the race.
Find us on Facebook for all the latest updates on Practice’s and Races.(If times or dates change we will be updating the Facebook Page and making announcements at practice). Please remember to keep good running shoes on your kids and make sure they are the proper shoes for their feet.
(Varsity High School Kids AND ADVANCED ADULTS meet from 6-8PM, K-8 and J.V. High School Kids meet from 6-7:30PM) Practice Dates & Races: Monday’s & Wednesdays at 6:00PM at Ashley High School Track. Starting June 24th and Running until Saturday August 10th.
• Saturday, July 13th at 7:00AM the 30th Annual Tri-Span in Down town Wilmington. (FOR THOSE THAN CAN RUN A 5K OR 10K ONLY)
• Thursday, August 8th at 6:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track (HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ONLY)
• Saturday, August 10th at 7:00AM at the Ashley High School Track (END OF SEASON TIME TRIALS ON THE TRACK)
• Monday, August 12th - Friday August 17th at 6:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track and Saturday, August 17th at 7:00AM Meet at the Carolina Beach Rec. Center
This camps is put on by Ashley High School Head Cross Country Coach and Assistant Track & Field Coach Shawn McKee who has lead the Cross Country 2 to their 1st ever Mid-Eastern Conference Titles as well as help some kids get Running Scholarships.
Also helping with the camp is Ashley High School Head Soccer Coach and Assistant Cross Country Coach Claire Caldwell. Participants are encouraged to bring water, gatorade and water bottles. Also its not a bad idea to have a towel and change of clothing ready to go for after practice.
Photos By: Kevin HU