- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 19:48
- Written by Super User
Island Tackle and Pleasure Island Exercise had a close game in the 6-8 Age Division.
6-8 Age Division - P.I. Exercise Club 15Island Tackle & Hardware 14, Carolina Beach Reralty 20 Island Montessori School 5, CBPD 13 Lazy Pirate 22; 9-11 Age Division - Hines Senior Center 29 Kure Beach Pier 20,
CBDI 26 Kure Beach Pier 14, Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi 27 CB Subway 24, El Cazador 22 CloudWyze 30; 12-14 Age Division - Tuesdays Games - Superior Medical 40 Michael’s Seafood 37, Costco 55 American Legion 23; Thursdays Games - Costco 42 American Legion 30, Superior Medical 43 Michael’s Seafood 29; 15-17 Age Division - Allied Pest Control 55 CBPD 47, Blackburn Brothers Seafood 45 Hamm Hearing Aid 38;
By: Shawn R. McKee
12-14 Age Division
MAKE UP GAMES
• 6:30PM – Superior Medical vs. Michael’s Seafood – Super Medical got off to a great start in this game after taking a 9-4 lead after the 1st quarter. However by halftime Michael’s was able to close the gap to 3-points 18-11 after a 14-9 2nd quarter. After halftime Michael’s keep their momentum rolling and took a 3-point lead after a 14-8 3rd quarter. In the final quarter Superior’s defense stepped it up and held Michael’s to 2 field goals and 3 free throws, while their offense was able to retake the lead and take the win 40-37. HIGHLIGHTS: Superior Medical: #14 Jacob Reeves 17, #11 Josh Stewart 9, #12 Jarod Tanner 6, #15 Jeffrey Murphy and #3 Jake Ettefagh 3-points each, #4 Jantzen Hartsell 2. Michael’s Seafood: #10 Ethan Graves 13, #3 matt Heglar 11, #13 Skii Bollinger 8, #2 Austin Johnson 3, and #4 Dimitrius Weakley 2.
• 7:30PM – Costco vs. American Legion – Costco started off this game with a 13-2 throughout the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter Costco continued to increase their lead outscoring Superior again 14-6 to take a 27-8 halftime lead. After halftime Costco continued to run up the score board outscoring American Legion 13-5 in the 3rd quarter and 15-10 in the 4th to take the win 55-23. HIGHLIGHTS: Costco: #12 Kevin Mintz 19, #11 Rocco Farmintino 12, #1 Bradley Plyler 9, #4 Brandon plyler 5, #3 Aidan Lafferty 4, #2 Nan Smith, #13 Jacob Hardison, #14 Vinny Farmintino each had 2-points. American Legion: #12 Kyle Carpenter 8, #13 Ryan Bailey 6, #14 Daniel Stokes 4, #11 Cade Smith Martin 4, and #1 Madison Chalmers 1.
Regular Scheduled Games
• 6:30PM – Costco vs. American Legion – Costco was able to pull away early in this game taking a 6-point lead 11-6 in the 1st quarter. The 6-point lead would hold up by halftime after each team picked up 13-points in the 2nd quarter. After halftime Costco really stepped up the defense and held American Legion to just 3-points, while their offense picked up 8 bringing their lead to 13-points. In the final quarter Costco again outscored the American Legion 10-9 to take the win 42-30. With 1 game remaining Costco is still undefeated at 8-0 and has 1st Place in the Regular Season locked up. HIGHLIGHTS: Costco: #11 Rocco Farmintino 12, #4 Brandon Plyler 10, #3 Aidan Lafferty 7, #12 Kevin Mintz 6, #4 Brandon Plyler 5, and #13 Jacob Hardison 2. American Legion: #11 Cade Smith Martin 7, #12 Kyle Carpenter 6, #13 Ryan Bailey 4, #14 Daniel Stokes and #2 Jett Tugwell 3-points each, #3 Elijah Akins, #15 Morgan Carpenter and #1 Madison Chalmers 2-points each, and #10 Ben Stout 1-point.
• 7:30PM –Michael’s Seafood vs. Superior Medical – Superior Medical was able to take a 3-point lead after the 1st quarter and after another close 12-11 2nd quarter the lead improved to 4-points 21-17. After halftime Michael’s was able to bring that lead back down to 3-points 28-25 after yet another close quarter 8-7. In the final quarter Superior stepped up their defense and held Michael’s to just 4-points, while their offense picked up 15-points to take the win 43-29. HIGHLIGHTS: Michael’s Seafood: #10 Ethan Graves 12, #14 Tyler Tranchon and #3 Matt Heglar 6-points each and #4 Dimitrius Weakley 5. Superior Medical: #3 Jake Ettefagh 13, #14 Jacob Reeves 9, #11 Josh Stewart 8, #4 Jantzen Hartsell4, #12 Jarod Taner 3, and #5 Nick Reeves, #13 Thomas Blankenbeckler, and #2 Peyton Blankenbeckler each had 2 points.
15-17 Age Division
• 6:30PM – Allies Pest Control vs. CBPD – Allied’s defense held the CBPD to just 5-points in the 1st quarter, meanwhile their offense picked up 14-points to take a 9-point lead. In the 2nd quarter Allied was able to pick up 17-points bringing their lead to 31-17 by halftime. After halftime Allied was able to continue to pull away taking a 18-point lead after outscoring the CBOD again 11-7 in the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter the CBPD’s Connor Garnette lead a come back fueled by his 13-points, however they came up 8-points short and Allied won by a final score of 55-47. HIGHLIGHTS: CBPD: Connor Garnette 23, #3 Drake Overton 11, #14 Braelyn Little 8, and #10 William Noxon 5. Allied Pest Control: #4 Daniel Farriss 21, #11 Jacob Graves 12, #12 Keegan Calhoun 6, #1 Sean Anderson and #13 Nick Winslow 5-points each, #3 Nicholas Golonka 4, and #5 Luke Winslow 2.
• 7:30PM – Blackburn Brothers Seafood vs. Hamm Hearing Aid – Blackburn Brothers Seafood was able to take the early lead 10-7 after the 1st quarter. By halftime Blackburn was able to stend their lead to 7-points 20-13 after outscoring Hamm 10-6. After halftime Hamm’s Dustin Hancock connected on 3 3-pointers as Blackburn’s lead got cut to 5-points 33-28. After halftime Hamm refused to give up, but in the end they ran out of time and Blackburn was able to remain in 1st Place with the win 45-38. HIGHLIGHTS: Blackburn Brothers Seafood: #3 Justin Blackburn 9, #11 Donovan Frances 8, #5 Kyle Dowling 6, #1 Jake Trafton and #14 Julian Blackburn each had 5-points, #2 Michael Fasano, and #10 Logan Loftin, and #12 Brice Eller 4-points. Hamm Hearing Aid: #5 Dustin Hancock 22, #12 Ryan Hardison, #4 Scott Best, and #13 Larry Davis each had 4-points, and #1 Jacob Johnson and #14 Jacob Miles 2 each.
6-8 Age Division
• 9:00AM – PI Exercise Club vs. Island Tackle & Hardware – This was a very close game with Island Tackle taking a 4-2 lead after the 1st quarter and after another 4-2 2nd quarter the teams went into halftime timed up at 6-6. After halftime P.I. Exercise Club was able to take a 1-point lead after a 5-4 3rd quarter. In the final quarter Exercise Club’s Chan Dozier had a field goal that put his team up for good giving them the win 15-14. HIGHLIGHTS: P.I. Exercise Club: #10 Layth Monroe 6, #11 William Griffen 4, #14 Chan Dozier 3, and #13 Silas Jackson 2. Island Tackle & Hardware: #5 Micah Coniglio 5, #2 Rayne Schoonmaker, #10 Zane Day, #12 Kaylee Smith, and #11 Avery Saffo each had 2-points, and #13 Sam Bradshaw had a point.
• 10:00AM – Carolina Beach Realty vs. Island Montessorri School – After a 2-2 1st quarter Carolina Beach Realty was able to go on a 8-1 run giving them a 10-3 lead at halftime. After halftime Both teams picked up 2-points in the 3rd quarter followed by a 8-0 run by Carolina Beach Realty. The 20-5 win gave Carolina Beach Realty there 8th win going into the final week of the season. HIGHLIGHTS: Carolina Beach Realty: #14 Terrell Parker 10, #3 Cane Mehling and #13 Kaila Shaw 2-points each. Island Montessori School: #14 Brian Graybush and #10 Camp Lancaster each had 2-points and #13 Keaton Green 1-point.
• 11:00AM – CBPD vs. Lazy Pirate – The 1st quarter of this game was close between the 2nd and 3rd Places teams with Lazy Pirte taking a 1-point lead 5-4. In the 2nd quarter Lazy Pirate was able to pull away taking a 5-point lead at halftime. After halftime the 5-point lead remained the same after the end of the 3rd quarter after both teams picked up 3-points. In the final Lazy Pirate’s defense held CBPD to just a pair of free throws, while their offense picked up 6-points and the win 22-13. HIGHLIGHTS: Lazy Pirate: #14 Carter Gracie 11, #1 Isaiah Hunter 7, and #10 Owen Morini and #13 Khalil Kelly each had 2-points. CBPD: #12 Kendall Marcucelli 6, #5 Jayce Atanasoff 4, #13 Carter Kelly 2, and #1 Talan Groseclose 1.
9-11 Age Division
• 1:00PM – Hines Senior Center vs. Mid-Atlantic Drilling – After a close 4-2 1st quarter Mid Atlantic Drilling was able to tie up the game at 10-10 going into halftime. After halftime Hines was able to start pulling away taking a 3-point lead after the 3rd quarter 18-15. In the final quarter Hines was able to increase their lead to 9-points before the final buzzer sounded giving them the win 29-20. HIGHLIGHTS: Hines Senior Center: #11 Nathan Hardison 15, #2 Dominic Farmintino 7, #1 Taj Monroe 4, #14 Cathryn Paquet 2, and #12 Mason Massey 1. Mid-Atlantic Drilling: #2 Jas Herring 9, #13 Alyssa Fizer 5, #4 Monae Pardo 4, and #1 Matthew Silver 2.
• 2:00PM – Carolina Beach Downtown Initiative vs. Kure Beach Pier – CBDI got off to a good start in this game after going on a 6-2 run throughout the 1st quarter. The 2nd quarter was a little close with CBDI adding another point to their lead now at 12-7 by halftime. After halftime CBDI’s offense picked up 10-points, while their defense held Kure Beach Pier to just 3-points giving them a 22-10 lead. In the final quarter both teams picked up 4-points giving CBDI the win 26-14. HIGHLIGHTS: Carolina Beach Downtown Initiative: #5 Nicolas Ruscetti and #10 Kyle Reighard 6-points each, #4 Jacob Chalmers and #1 Jack Garcia 4-points each, #2 Elijah Poe, #13 Nicolas Schwenker 2-points each. Kure Beach Pier: #5 Owen Davis 5, #1 Chad Fleshman and #11 Maddox Greene 3-points each, #13 Mason Johnson 2, and #10 Patrick Furbay 1.
• 3:00PM – Nikki’s Sushi vs. CB Subway – This was a close game with Subway taking a 5-2 lead after the 1st quarter. However by halftime both teams were tied up at 15-points when Nikki’s outscored Subway 13-10. After halftime the same close play continued with Nikki’s taking a 1-point lead 19-18. In the final quarter Nikki’s was barely able to hold off Subway and took the win 27-24. HIGHLIGHTS: Nikki’s Sushi: 33 Kyle Schoomaker 14, #12 Brynn Little 4, #13 Sam Martin, #1 Nic Lamendola, #2 Coleman Lamendola, and #4 Mason Brooks 2-points each, and #5 Ben Testori 1. CB Subway: #2 Harry Smith Martin 18, #14 Dion Wallace 3, #10 Leo Baggie 2, and #3 Jacob Baugher 1.
Area Sports Schedule: Pleasure Island Rec. Center’s Youth Basketball
6:30pm Costco vs. Superior Medical
7:30pm Michael’s Seafood vs. American Legion P.I. Post 129
6:30pm C.B.P.D. vs. Hamm Hearing Aids
7:30pm Allied Pest Control vs. Blackburn Bros. Seafood
9:00am Island Montessori School vs. Lazy Pirate
10:00am Carolina Beach Realty vs. P.I. Exercise
11:00am CBPD vs. Island Tackle & Hardware
1:00pm Cloudwyze vs. Hines Senior Center
2:00pm Kure Beach Pier vs. El Cazador
3:00pm Mid Atlantic Drilling vs. Nikki’s Gourmet & Sushi
4:00pm CB Subway vs. CB Downtown Initiative