- Published on Sunday, 29 July 2012 00:58
- Written by Super User
The New Hanover County Youth Distance Running Club is still excepting members. The Club is being held by Ashley High School Ciach’s: Shawn McKee Head Cross Country Coach, Ryan Hauck Head Track & Field Coach, and Claire Caldwell Head Varsity Girls Soccer Coach. A large crowd of over 60 kids from local Elementary School, Middle School and High School runners showed up for the 1st Practice to help improve not only their overall running, but also form, nutrition, and injury prevention. If you missed the 1st Practice and can’t make every practice throughout the season you can still be a part of the club.
This Club is designed to keep kids in-shape throughout the summer months and get them involved in the sport of running. The Club will start meeting every Monday, but may ad another day; we will also be running in various road races in Wilmington.
The Next Practice will be held Wednesday, July 25th at 7:00pM; meet at the Ashley High School Track. Most practices will take an hour for grades K-8 and about 1-2 hours for grades 9-12.
There will be a 10K, 5K, and 2K, so everyone can get involved in the race.
I would like to encourage everyone to keep tabs on the Wilmington Road Runner’s and its-go-time.com website for upcoming races. As a group we will try to run: July 14th Tri-Span 5K with more races to be added. Find us on Facebook for all the latest updates on Practice’s and Races. (If times or dates change we will be updating the Facebook Page and making announcements at practice). Please remember to keep good running shoes on your kids and make sure they are the proper shoes for their feet. Next Practice Dates Are:
• Wednesday, July 25th at 7:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track
• Saturday, July 28th at 7:00AM the Carolina Beach Rec.Center
• Monday, July 30th at 7:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track
• Wednesday, August 1st at 7:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track
• Saturday, August 4th at 7:00AM the Carolina Beach Rec.Center
• Monday, August 6th at 7:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track
• Wednesday, August 8th at 7:00PM Meet at the Ashley High School Track
• Saturday, August 11th at 7:00AM at the Ashley High School Track (End of Season Time Trials on the Track)